CellCAN is a network that was created in April 2014 by Canadian researchers who work in the field of regenerative medicine and cellular therapy. Our mission is to mobilize stakeholders and knowledge across Canada to significantly advance research and clinical development in the field of both regenerative medicine and cell therapy. To fulfill its mission, CellCAN is currently looking for a Chief Scientific Officer.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and in collaboration with other members of the team involved, the Chief Scientific Officer will:
- Develop and implement a knowledge mobilization program in the field of cell therapy and regenerative medicine, including strategies to mobilize and develop partnerships with various stakeholders, such as researchers, clinicians, patients, public and private funding agencies, general public, government agencies, etc.
- Develop a framework for evaluating the performance of the knowledge mobilization program and the achievement of the network’s objectives.
- Coordinate the work of the Steering Committee and ensure the appropriate follow-up.
- Coordinate the work of certain working groups (Cell Manufacturing Working Group, Health Canada By-Stakeholder Group) and ensure the appropriate follow-up.
- Coordinate the publication of content (SOP, best practices, etc.) on CellCAN’s Extranet.
- Coordinate the production of CellCAN’s Cell Manufacturing Body of Knowledge (CCMBOK).
- Supply some of the content of CellCAN’s website, intended for both specialists and the general public.
- Represent the Organization at scientific conferences or to various stakeholders.
- Contribute to the scientific content of educational activities (ex. awareness days).
- Remain up-to-date on scientific and technological advancements in connection with regenerative medicine and cell therapy.
- Contribute to the drafting of the annual report.
- Organisational skills;
- Sense of initiative and entrepreneurship;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Tolerance for ambiguity.
- Graduate degree in Health Sciences, ideally related to the regenerative medicine and cell therapy field;
- At least 5 years experience in knowledge mobilization projects.
- Starting as soon as possible
- Full time
- Until March 2018 (possible renewal until 2021)
- Maisonneuve-Rosemont Hospital, Montréal.
- Need to be available for frequent travel, mainly across Canada.
Please send resume to Vanessa Laflamme, Chief Operating Officer at email@example.com, prior to May 5th, 2017, 5pm EST.
> Download job description